Last Updated on May 31, 2021
As humans, we’re vulnerable to negativity. This negativity can come at us in the form of physical threats, like other people, or from even darker forces.
In many ways, while people are the far more common threat, threats that come our way from spirits are much more terrifying. This is what makes protection from these threats of utmost importance. Knowing the signs of spiritual or paranormal attack, as well as what can be done to help protect you if they occur, has the potential to actually save your life.
Signs That You May Be Under Attack
Before moving on to exactly which crystals can help protect you during an attack from a spirit or a ghost, let’s start with the signs that you may need protection in the first place.
- Feeling out of sorts – This can include just a general lack of focus or can be increased depression and anxiety without a logical explanation. Some people may also start having full panic attacks.
- Increasingly negative inner dialogue – Thoughts that seem like they appear out of nowhere and are uncommon for you, especially those that suggest self harm or harm toward others. It can also lead to feelings of helplessness, which leaves you even more open to spiritual attacks.
- Nightmares – This is even more concerning if the nightmares are vivid and include sleep paralysis. What many people may write off as just being a bad dream may be a psychic attack that is occuring in your sleep.
- Clumsiness – Everyone is normally a little clumsy, but a sudden increase in clumsiness can be your body trying to fight off a psychic attack.
- Loss of motivation – This can include just a general, sudden sense of fatigue or malaise, or just a lack of interest in things that used to be important to you.
Why Crystals Can Help
Crystals have long been used for their beneficial health properties. Many people believe that placing them on the body or simply holding them can promote emotional, spiritual, and even physical healing by interacting positively with the chakra (or energy field of the body).
However, that isn’t the only way that they can help. Keeping them around the house or using them in spells can help extend those benefits from the body into protecting the entire home.
The most important thing to take into consideration when picking and using a crystal for protection is that, for it to be its most effective, the person using it needs to forge a connection with it. That sense of belief is part of what makes the magic so powerful. If it doesn’t come naturally, try to meditate with it in your hand to form a stronger bond.
The Top Crystals For Protection From Spirits
- Peridot: This yellow-green crystal, made up of iron and magnesium, has significant spiritual roots. Commonly associated with protection as well as emotional balance and purity. In fact, it’s the emotional balance aspect of peridot that makes it the most effective for spiritual protection. With many spiritual attacks, mood is affected pretty seriously. Peridot has the potential to help mediate these kinds of mood fluctuations as they relate to spirits or ghosts causing issues.
- Shungite: While not as common as its relatives, onyx and obsidian, shungite is just as good, if not better, at protection. Shungite is unique because it can work to deflect external forces that negatively affect people using its electromagnetic field. It can be used either on the body or in the home.
- Smoky Quartz: Quartz is an incredibly diverse crystal, with an almost endless amount of uses for nearly every problem out there (love, protection, health, etc.). Smoky quartz is specifically helpful for issues like strength, safety, and tranquility. Just holding it is said to promote a strong sense of calm.
- Jet: Jet is another far less commonly known crystal, but this doesn’t make this shiny, black crystal any less powerful. Its power comes from the ability to help ground people. Being centered and grounded makes it much harder to knock someone off balance, while also helping deflect negativity.
- Amethyst: While this may seem like an unconventional choice, amethyst’s ability to help people open up can allow them to be able to more easily sense spirits so that they can take steps to protect themselves sooner. It works best when placed in a central location in the home, so that they can work to purify the entire house.
- Agate: This crystal, which comes in a variety of different colors, can be used as protection in a variety of ways – stopping magic, protecting from psychic attacks, and driving away spirits. Tawny agate is said to be the best choice, however, as it is especially strong in its protection abilities.
- Black Tourmaline: Protecting in two ways, by absorbing negative spiritual attacks and helping build a protective barrier around the carrier, black tourmaline is most effective when combined with selenite. Because of how much it can absorb, black tourmaline will need to be cleansed frequently. It has been used by shamans since the dawn of time.
A Quick Protection Sachet For The Home
An easy way to use a protection crystal in the home is to create a simple sachet.
All you’ll need is a small white pouch, the protection crystal or crystals of your choice, and a combination of some of the following protection herbs and spices that can be commonly found in the kitchen (rosemary, cinnamon, clove, sage, star anise, and lavender).
Place your crystals and herbs in the sachet, and hold the entire thing in your hand. Breathe deeply and close your eyes. Feel a white, protective light traveling from the top of your head and flowing through to your toes. Fill your entire body with that warm, safe, comforting energy, then let it extend into your sachet. This will activate and charge the crystals and herbs.
It can either be carried on you or placed in the home to ward off negative energy and provide protection from spirits.
Spiritual protection is incredibly important, as spiritual attacks can devastate an entire household. Knowing the best ways to protect yourself from these issues can be literally lifesaving. When in doubt, contact a professional for assistance and guidance. Stay safe!